Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I think the title says it all.
    Thanks in advance everyone!

Slow Traveler

I does say it all, except where does one find the key for city codes if one does not know them?

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Judie, I meant the city NAME not code... I will change that now, I can see how it would be confusing.

This is a new forum and really new for me so bear with me if I make a few posting snafus!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Could we also request that effective DATES be used for all these wonderful sale fares? For example - "West Coast to Paris Fare Sale from $684" applies only for departures through March 31st - but it took a while looking at Tony's post to find that critical piece of information.

Just a thought.

Judy

Slow Traveler

ok, I will post the season on the top of the body next time. it won't fit the tittle.
    tony

Slow Traveler

I understand your concern but fares can differ from different airports in the same city. Houston Hobby and Houston Bush Intercontinental ofter have different fares to the same location.
    Bill

Slow Traveler

except where does one find the key for city codes if one does not know them?
    If you google "airport codes" you will find several sites like this one World-airport-codes.com
    Bill

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

There's a link for FlyerTalk airport codes at the right-hand side of all discussions here; also there's http://www.iata.org/ps/publica...ges/code-search.aspx from IATA, which administers the codes; the page allows 2-way searches of airline and airport codes and names.

Slow Traveler

Originally posted by Judie:
    I does say it all, except where does one find the key for city codes if one does not know them?
    Just google "Airport code XXX"
    substituting either city name or airport code for XXX.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

This thread that started two years ago stays pinned or featured at the top of the forum: I'll go over what's been said and close the discussion.

We ask people, in topic titles and first references, to use city names rather than airport codes. I'm willing to make exceptions for some codes that are part of the popular culture, in particular LAX and JFK, but remember that not everyone reading this forum is a U.S.-based air traveler. For multi-airport cities, you may say the code after the city, such as Paris CDG. If you've said the code right after the city name, such as "Fort Lauderdale (FLL)," you may say FLL in subsequent references.

If you want to know the code, for instance to know what to put in an airfare search site, several methods have been posted here:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>The FlyerTalk Airport Codes link on the right side of forum posts here.
    <LI>The site of IATA, which issues the codes: http://www.iata.org/publicatio...ges/code-search.aspx
    <LI> http://www.world-airport-codes.com/
    <LI>Doing a Google search for airport code xxx, where XXX represents either the airport code or the city name.[/list]
    I'll close this discussion, but people who who have comments or want to add things can write me privately, via private message or the e-mail in my profile.