I will be traveling for 10 days to Haifa Israel in 2013 and am looking for a clean, quiet and inexpensive hotel near Mt. Carmel in Haifa, Israel. I would appreciate hearing if anyone knows of any possible places to stay. thanks, katherine in Florida

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I stayed at the Nof Hotel a few years ago, it's a five minute walk to the Carmel Center. The rooms were simple, but clean and fairly comfortable. It was a good deal at the time.
    If you're not married to being up the Carmel, I can also recommend the Haddad Guest House in the German Colony. I haven't stayed there, but friends did last month and enjoyed it very much. The German Colony has a more lively nightlife, which you may or may not like.
    Amy in MA
    Destination Anywhere

"A traveler without knowledge is a bird without wings."--Sa'di, Gulistan (1258)

Amy,
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have checked into the Nof Hotel but believe it's about $100 dollars a night. The last time I visited Haifa in 1997 I stayed at the Dvir which is near the Nof -- I believe -- It was quite reasonable at that time -- about $50 dollars a night but has since been remodeled and changed their name and now charge double that. I have also checked into the Haddad Guest House -- the price is right but I read some reviews that said it is very noisy at night. Is this the experience your friends had? I would so appreciate hearing from you about this. Thanks, Katherine in Florida

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Katherine, since my friends were in Haifa in December which is low season, their experience may not be yours in April, when there are more tourists and the evening street and dining scene is in full force. The Haddad is on the main street, and there are cafes all around. So if noise is a big concern, you may be happier elsewhere. But there's nothing to lose in e-mailing them and asking if there's a room away from noise?

I'm not surprised you're finding prices have gone up, that was also my experience last month after not visiting for three years. I don't know if you'll be able to find much under 100/night.
    Amy in MA
    Destination Anywhere

Thanks for the info. Actually the review I read said that people inside the hotel stayed up late in the lobby talking and this made it hard to sleep. I was able to find the Haddad's email address and I will definitely write and ask to see if there are quiet rooms away from the lobby. I didn't realize they have an email address. Some of the hotels don't. Thanks again for your help!!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I briefly met the owner of the Haddad when I picked up my friends, he's a very nice man with excellent English.
    Amy in MA
    Destination Anywhere

Slow Traveler

Hello Katherine - I know someone who stayed at the Villa Carmel and had good things to say about it. Don't know anything about the place personally.

I don't have direct experience of staying with Dan Hotels in Haifa, but I've stayed with them in Jerusalem and presume the quality is similar if not the same. Not cheap, but if you feel like splurging it's a nice treat. Lovely rooms, and the breakfast is amazing.

Hello... I think the Crowne Plaza Hotel is best for you. This is located at the top of the Givat Ram area of Jerusalem, adjacent to the Israel Convention Center and just a short walk to the Israel Museum, Knesset and the Supreme Court complex.

Originally posted by Barbara Mibram:
    I think the Crowne Plaza Hotel is best for you. This is located at the top of the Givat Ram area of Jerusalem
    She asked about hotels in Haifa