Slow Travel Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  TRAVEL  Hop To Forums  Spain & Portugal    Lower AVE (high speed train) fares in 2013 plus line updates

Moderators: Panda, TourMama

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lower AVE (high speed train) fares in 2013 plus line updates Login/Join 

Slow Traveler
posted
Some news news for those who use the AVE trains in Spain.
Article in English
The article also says the line between Figueres and Girona will be completed in January 2013. I think this means that you will be able to travel from Madrid to Paris, even London using the High speed train networks. If I find anything different I will post this.

Posts: 2585 | Location: Galicia Spain | Registered: 16 April 2008Report This Post

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
I have managed to find an update on the above post, this time in Spanish: The “missing link is between Figueres and the French border. these will using "normal" trains.
Article
The date on the first AVE on this route is to be confirmed. Found something (in Spanish) It seems that French trains will not be operating in Spanish territory for a while. Maybe until April 2013. But that will depend on the speeding up of “procedures”.
Details of the trains are;
Barcelona to Girona is 40 minutes.
Barcelona to Figueres 55 minutes.
Girona to Madrid is 4 hours 5 mins.
Girona and Zaragoza is 2 hours 32 mins.
There will be 3 connections per day between France and 8 on the Madrid-Girona-Figueres.
The route to Barcelona will have 4 trains per day, these will be run using AVANT trains which are not quite so fast as the AVE service as they run on tracks which are used by other services.

Posts: 2585 | Location: Galicia Spain | Registered: 16 April 2008Report This Post