Slow Travel Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  TRAVEL  Hop To Forums  Spain & Portugal    Paradores Amigos Card - Get it!

Moderators: Panda, TourMama

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Paradores Amigos Card - Get it! Login/Join 

Moderator Emeritus &
SlowBowl Skipper

Slow Traveler
Picture of Shannon
posted
I was very surprised today to be able to book a FREE room in a parador for my fall trip. It's not like I have a ton of points or anything - but I had enough. Shannon

If you like to stay in paradores make sure to have and use the card. Even if you just go for a drink at one you can use it, I think.

You can sign up here: Paradores - Amigos Card

Posts: 9663 | Location: San Diego, sometimes | Registered: 20 March 2002Report This Post
Traveler
posted Hide Post
Hi Shannon, It says on the Parador site, which you´ve linked to that you can get your card at the parador you stay in or when you make a reservation online.

I thought points were only for overnight stays, have to look into that one.

Rachel

Andalucia for Holidays

Posts: 58 | Location: Andalucia | Registered: 23 March 2009Report This Post

Moderator Emeritus &
SlowBowl Skipper

Slow Traveler
Picture of Shannon
posted Hide Post
I got mine in 2009 after I had reserved online. I had the reservation # and emailed it to them. They then sent me the card.

Regarding how to get points - it says on the website:

"They are awarded upon paying your bill according to the following table:
Type of bill Euros to obtain 1 point
Accommodation and/or restaurant 3
Special Services 12"

I am not sure what special services are. But it looks like food at least will get you points.

Posts: 9663 | Location: San Diego, sometimes | Registered: 20 March 2002Report This Post

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
Indeed food in the restaurant garners points; a drink and snack in the bar doesn't (at least not for us!)
Also be aware that there is a time limit regarding non-activity on the card.
Dennis

Posts: 561 | Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada | Registered: 08 November 2003Report This Post

Moderator Emeritus &
SlowBowl Skipper

Slow Traveler
Picture of Shannon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Switzer:
Indeed food in the restaurant garners points; a drink and snack in the bar doesn't (at least not for us!)
Also be aware that there is a time limit regarding non-activity on the card.
Dennis

Bummer and.... good to know about the non activity. But I will try to use my card in the bar just to be on the safe side. Happy