Slow Travel Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  TRAVEL  Hop To Forums  Italy    Eucerin Plus

Moderators: Andrew, Doru, Jonathan, Kim, TourMama

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Eucerin Plus Login/Join 

Slow Traveler
Picture of jfraz
posted
I have psorisis and my Dermatologiest want me to use this lotion. Anyone know if they sell it at farmacia's in Italy.

Posts: 630 | Location: Idaho and Gaiole in Chianti | Registered: 30 November 2004Report This Post

Slow Traveler
Picture of Gloria - Casina di Rosa
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3666 | Location: Upper Maremma; Tuscany; Italy | Registered: 19 October 2003Report This Post

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
I've definitely seen various Eucerin products in Italy, but don't recall whether or not I've ever seen Eucerin Plus. As Gloria says, look up the ingredients and maybe we can go on from there.

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you can buy it in Italy... but think it is the very thick cream Eucerin that comes in a "tub" or round jar ... not one that pours or comes with a pump.

We have been using this for years... and it is GREAT for any type of dry skin/psorisis.

k

Posts: 436 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 26 January 2005Report This Post
Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this information will help you. This spring, at an outdoor market in Cremona, I bought Nivea soft. The label says: per viso e corpo/ crema idrantante/per una pelli piu mordiba, piu tonica/con olio di Jojoba e vitamina E.

I had no idea what to ask for, but had to do a pantomine to explain what I wanted. I wouldn't dare explain the demonstration the vendor used to show me where and how its used.

The vendor had all types of creams and cosmetics at his booth.

Leone

Posts: 121 | Location: Naples, Fl | Registered: 15 November 2003Report This Post

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
I just did a Google search, out of curiosity.

(1) it's the lotion, not the cream
(2) I don't think it is available in Italy, because various sellers were discussing whether or not they ship to Italy, France, etc.

Slow Traveler
Picture of Yvonne
posted Hide Post
It contains alpha hydroxy and urea, so it no doubt is available, but of course, not under that particular trade name.

So, now we need an Italian pharmacist to read this post!

Posts: 700 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 25 December 2007Report This Post

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
this would be a good question to ask on the expatsinitaly.com site in the health thread...

Posts: 1553 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 June 2008Report This Post

Slow Traveler
Picture of jfraz
posted Hide Post
You are right is is a very thick cream that toughens the skin. I use a steroid ointment for a week the this cream on the opposite week. (The steroid thins the skin and the Eucerin Plus toughens the skin)

I will go to the ex pats page and ask. And I will take a large container from here when we leave on Friday.

Posts: 630 | Location: Idaho and Gaiole in Chianti | Registered: 30 November 2004Report This Post

Slow Traveler
Picture of Gloria - Casina di Rosa
posted Hide Post
I think IRALFARIS is similar. It contains "ALFAIDROSSIACIDI" and "UREA" so it should be similar.

Other products you can ask for in a pharmacy are "creme per la psoriasi con alfa-idrossiacidi e urea".

Posts: 3666 | Location: Upper Maremma; Tuscany; Italy | Registered: 19 October 2003Report This Post