Slow Travel Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  TRAVEL  Hop To Forums  North America    Postage rates from U.S. to Canada

Moderators: teaberry

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Postage rates from U.S. to Canada Login/Join 
Slow Traveler
posted
Not exactly a travel question, but:

Can anyone tell me what U.S. stamp I need for a standard #10 envelope SASE that will allow an American company to send me a reply *in Canada*?

I'm hoping I can buy a pane of 20 US stamps from the US Postal Service's website. The two Canadian post offices where I live in rural Canada don't carry International Reply Coupons, so I figured this might be the solution. Unfortunately I'm having trouble understanding the rates.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 165 | Location: Laurentians, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Report This Post

Slow Traveler
Picture of Fibonacci
posted Hide Post
You can calculate international rates for US postage at the USPS Website

International first class to Canada is $0.69 USD for the first ounce and $0.31 USD for each additional ounce.

Bill

Bill

Posts: 2920 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2006Report This Post
Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
Hi, thanks.

Yeah, I tried that calculator and was confused by the results. How can I know what the weight will be when I'm sending them an empty envelope that they will then be adding content to? And what is first-class?

Anyhow, I guess I'll buy the 69ers and hope for the best.

Thanks again for your response.

Posts: 165 | Location: Laurentians, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Report This Post

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
Naomi B - I sent you a private post on this in case you are interested.

Posts: 909 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 20 January 2003Report This Post

Slow Traveler
Picture of Fibonacci
posted Hide Post
quote:
How can I know what the weight will be when I'm sending them an empty envelope that they will then be adding content to? And what is first-class?

First class mail is regular personal correspondence, rather than bulk mail, advertising, etc....

A #10 envelope with 5 sheets of 8.5"x11" weigh about 1 ounce, which will require a 69¢ stamp.

Bill

Bill

Posts: 2920 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2006Report This Post
Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yayoye:
Naomi B - I sent you a private post on this in case you are interested.

Thanks so much. I'm sorry I don't have a Premium account, so I couldn't reply to your PM. I actually went ahead and bought a pane of stamps from the USPS website a few hours ago--$6 in shipping! (And I was just down in TX the other week Complain)

Slow Traveler
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you also, Bill!